- Chicken 1 kg
- Oil ½ cup
- Onions 2 (large, sliced)
- Yogurt ¼ cup
- Rice 1 kg (soaked)
- Almonds few (sliced and fried)
- Bay leaves 2
- Cinnamon 1″ piece
- Cloves 5
- Cardamom 2 – 3
- Black peppercorn 10 – 12
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds powder 2 tsp
- Cumin seed powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric ¼ tsp
- Saffron ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil and fry onions till golden brown.
- Add whole spices fry for few minutes then add powdered spices taking care not to burn.
- Now add ginger garlic paste along with chicken.
- Put beaten yogurt and fry chicken till water dries.
- Add soaked rice with 2 cups of hot water and salt to taste.
- Cook on low heat with the lid on until the rice is cooked.
- Dissolve saffron in 2 tbsp water and pour over the pulao.
- To serve, place the rice in a large serving dish or platter. Place the chicken pieces on top.
- Garnish fried almonds and serve with raita.