- Beef (Bong meat) 1 kg
- Bone marrow (beef) 1/2 kg
- Finely chopped onion 2
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Whole spice powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water 4-5 glass
- Dry ginger/Sonth 5-6 tbsp
- Aniseed 3 tsp
- Cinnamon 8
- Ginger (julienne cut) 1 tbsp
- Curd 1 cup
- Oil 1, 1/2 cup
- Heat oil in a pan and fry sliced onion till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, red chili, turmeric, salt, coriander powder, whole spice powder and cook on medium heat.
- Add curd and mix the gravy.
- Add meat and bone marrow and stir fry, then add water.
- Combine aniseeds, black cardamom and dry ginger in a muslin and knot them and place it in the pan.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low heat.
- When meat is tender, take out the muslin.
- Spoon out the oil from the gravy surface and reserve it in a bowl.
- In little water mix whole wheat flour (laal aata).
- Add it to the gravy and cook for more 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 tsp whole spice powder and ginger and let it simmer.
- Pour the reserved oil back in the gravy and turn off the heat.
- Add chopped green chili and tasty nihari is ready.
- Serve hot with naan.